Sunday, December 4, 2016

Tide In, Tide Out

  Things move quick when you're under water.  The speed of things slow down, like you've jumped to a heavier world, but holding your breath, you can only stay so long.  So time speeds up.  You dunk your head, your transported for 30 seconds before you gasp back into reality.  You give it another try.  20 seconds... 10 seconds...  Your lungs ache and your arms and legs are tired of kicking around in the molasses.  But when your tired, you can always float on your back.  Boys and girls, what an eventful six months this has been.  New job, new injuries, new place, and same old drinking habits.  As these things came about, I got little writing done.  What I did do, however, was build a little world for myself.  "Crossroads" is a bit of a story meant for John Constantine, to be honest.  This is less a story of a person, and more of a place.  The world is in its last throes.  The population is dwindling, and with it comes fewer deaths, and fewer people to believe in the gods.  And so the gods and their home get a little sicker every day.  "Crossroads" is about a man who can traverse this plain of existence as a "Tourist".  He can come, he can leave.  And he can take at will.
  Anyway I believe whole-heartedly that more stories will be told now.  I've been swimming with my head under water for months, and I'm finally able to take a breath and perhaps, maybe, I can learn to float on my back.  Tide in, tide out.

No comments:

Post a Comment